Copy Right: All pictures and designs are the rights of individual shops. ETT has received permission to use their photos and information for our blogs. Permission must be obtained from the individual shops in order to use their items. Written portion of the blog must be received by the writer of ETT blog.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Shop of the Week: Handmade by Sandi



Sandi Myers, of HandmadeBySandi.etsy.com, creates wonderful handmade items. Her shop is a smorgasbord of crocheted items, shawls, coffee cozies, felted bowls, earrings, sewn items, and aprons. Her talent is amazing that she makes so many different handmade items!

She takes special care to make the items for her customers as if she were going to use them herself. If she’s not satisfied with them, she won't sell them! Her jewelry craftsmanship is divine. Her felted bowls are a lot of fun! And she makes the cutest aprons for your littlest cooks!

She is always on the lookout for new inspiration. “When ever I see something that has been crocheted - I try to figure out how it's done, and try it. When thinking about my next felted bowl project, I look for unusual containers that I can use to shape my bowls.”


I really love Sandi's felted bowls. This is a relatively new project for her and she's jumped right in trying new things and making great bowls to hold pretty much anything such as your cell phone, jewelry, coins, odds and ends in the kitchen, office, or craft room, and even business cards at craft shows. They are great for kids, too, because it can hold their little trinkets and they can't break the bowl!

Her favorite thing about her craft: “It's relaxing - I enjoy sitting in the evening crocheting something and seeing it come together. When that project is done, I have to decide which one I want to do next - and with so many projects in mind - I'll not run out anytime soon!”

Sandi is also one of the Etsy Twitter Team’s top tweeters! “I tweet when I list a new item, I write about it on Facebook, and try to make my tweets interesting so people might be interested in visiting my shop and finding out more about me!” She’s really good at retweeting other team members’ items and always has a nice word to say about everybody! She’s an absolute delight to work with and I really enjoy having her on our team!

Follow her on Twitter: @SandisTs
Read her blog: www.sandists.com/Wordpress
Fan her on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/HandmadeBySandi
Shop her supply shop on Etsy: SandisTs.etsy.com

*Special Deal for the Week* - Free Shipping on all items in her “End of Summer Sale” Section


Etsy: Your place to buy & sell all things handmade
HandmadeBySandi.etsy.com

All photos © Sandi Myers/Handmade By Sandi

2 comments:

TraceyKnits said...

beautiful stuff. was just on your sebsite yesterday because my daughter loves your avatar.

KnittingGuru said...

Hurray for Sandi!

Veena
http://www.KnittingGuru.etsy.com
http://www.BurryBabies.etsy.com

Blog Archive