Copy Right: All pictures and designs are the rights of individual shops. ETT has received permission to use their photos and information for our blogs. Permission must be obtained from the individual shops in order to use their items. Written portion of the blog must be received by the writer of ETT blog.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Etsy Twitter Team Leader


It is my sincere honor to be writing this post. I want to introduce Jennifer Kuebrich, of Jenco13.etsy.com, as our new Etsy Twitter Team Leader. I have stepped down as leader due to recurring health problems - nothing too bad but enough to take me from working when I want to. Jen very bravely and kindly stepped up to take the role as Etsy Twitter Team Leader and I couldn’t be happier for her, you, or the whole team!

So – who is Jen Kuebrich? She has the kindest heart I’ve ever seen. She’s smart and sweet and knows her Etsy business inside and out. Jen always has a kind word to say about everything. She has been, for the last year or so, the Chairwoman of the Press Relations (PR) Committee for the team, on the Planning Committee, and heads up the Wallflowers Treasury Department. She has been one of the most active members we have ever had. So it seems fitting and a good fit that she stepped up to be our new leader.


More about Jen:

“I have been on Etsy for two years now. In February it will mark one year since I became head of PR for Etsy Twitter Team. Being head of PR made me aware of many things on Etsy - the forums, Treasuries, Voter, the importance of tags, etc. Because I took the time to read each article that comes into my mailbox from both the Etsy forums and our team, I am aware of the next big things that are going on in Etsy and our team members’ shops. I have spent many hours reading on how to make my shop the way it is today.

“In the past few months I have set little goals for myself and then told the team of upcoming events, time frames and why I am taking the steps I do in my shop. I hope to continue to do this as I take over the Team Leader position. I feel that this year I am organized on what events are coming up and what Etsy may be looking for.

This year at the Etsy Twitter Team (ETT) I hope to bring back some of our events from last year. After taking a survey through our team I have decided to bring back the following: Go Green event, a Trunk Show, a Bridal event, a Scavenger hunt, a Back to School event, and Shop of the Week blog posts that are still going on now.

“There will be other events that are held and I look forward to seeing some new faces in our team this year. Each month I will be putting up a different challenge/question on the sign in for our members. This month’s challenge was to come up with a New Year’s Resolution for their store. You can read more about this on the Shop of the Week blogs.

“When I am not working on my shop or through the ETT I have many other things going on in my daily life. I teach for the local school district and donate scarves/baby hats for a local charity. My husband Joe and I just celebrated our 4th anniversary last week. We have been together since we left high school (started dating the month after we graduated). I love to travel and have really good meals with my friends and family.

I look forward to working with everyone here at ETT and will be opening membership sometime in March.

Any suggestions our readers and members may have, please don't hesitate to click ‘Contact our Team Leader’ on the side of our blog. I am all ears and would love to know what you may like to see.”
- Jen Kuebrich

Thanks, Jen for a sneak peak into the next year of the Etsy Twitter Team. I wish you and the team much luck in everything!

Just a side note, I’m not going anywhere. I still plan to be a very active member of this team helping to plan events and write tweets for the team on a regular basis. I love all the members like family and so I'm sticking around because this team is so much fun!

Please leave Jen a comment to welcome her in her new big fancy role!

To the Etsy Twitter Team: thank you for making my time as Team Leader the best experience ever!! Y'all RoCk!!

- Vickie Porter
Former Etsy Twitter Team Leader
inmyheadstudios.etsy.com

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome Jen! Hope you'll have a terrific time as our Team Leader!

Thank you Vicky for making ETT a lot of what it has become - awesome and great:)

Best of luck to you both!!

Patricia
VerreDesign

From Nancys Heart said...

Just want to thank both you lovely ladies for all you do for our team!
You girls just rock it!!! :D

Nancy
Fromnancysheart

Amy V. said...

Thank you Vickie for all you've done! Thank you Jen for all you've done and continue to do!!! (Hugs to you both!)

Sandy said...

woo hoo! Aren't we the lucky ones?!?!? Welcome Jen!

And Vickie...you ROCK! Thank you for everything you've done for this amazing team!

s:~)

Kelly | Purple Lemon Designs said...

Thanks to both Vickie and Kristen for a job well done. Jen has big shoes to fill, but I know that she will rock this new position...Congrats Jen!

Endless Sunner said...

Congrats, Jen!

Maria
Endless Sunner

kristen said...

I know you will be an amazing team leader, Jen :D!

MindyG said...

Welcome Jen!:)

Anonymous said...

Vickie - Sorry to see you leave the Etsy Twitter Team leadership position, but glad to see someone well-versed and highly capable taking over the position.

Congratulations on the promotion and best of luck, Jen. :)

P.S. I'm sorry to hear about the medical problems, Vickie. I hope things get better soon.

Corina Beczner said...

Great! Let me know if I can help with the Go Green Event.. I'm a green event and wedding planner in SF. Looking to help support Etsy Green!!- Corina

Unknown said...

As I said on FB, it is not as easy as it looks! Just like an Olympic figure skater or downhill racer, there's a huge amount of work behind what we see.

is me said...

Wow! Great credentials and what an introduction! Glad to meet you Jen! I'm betting you'll do a hell of a job in the job!

Blog Archive