Copy Right: All pictures and designs are the rights of individual shops. ETT has received permission to use their photos and information for our blogs. Permission must be obtained from the individual shops in order to use their items. Written portion of the blog must be received by the writer of ETT blog.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Shop of the Week: kimwhitecreations 3/15 to 3/21


This weeks Shop of the Week (SOTW), kimwhitecreations, is run by the lovely Kim White. Within Kim's shop you will find knit and crochet wearable and usable art. "I like to call my creations, Creative Mentionables! I make Care Shawls and Lap Wraps which are like a warm hug for a loved one. I also knit Coffee Cozies that are like a warm sweater for your coffee cup. I have a Cozy Closet full of Slouches, Caps, Beanies, Scarves, Granny Square Purses and more!"

Kim is inspired to create from family and friends, seasons, colors, foods, and the feel and colors of fabric and yarn. Within her products she offers "creative mentionables...literally wearable/usable pieces of art! I put love and care into every piece I create. If you shop regularly on Etsy, you can appreciate that. I like to buy handmade things as well, and understand the time and effort it takes to produce a quality product. "

Kim's Twitter tricks of the trade: "It's all about relationships. Business is personal, so getting to know my customers, their needs and wants through Twitter has been beneficial for me personally and professionally. I have met some great people, promoted my Etsy shop, found some other wonderful artists. I can promote and purchase from my daily business.Daily tweets about my business and fun/interesting tweets about my personal life keep my Twitter account fresh, fun and follow-able!"

Her favorite thing (scratch that the thing she loves the most) about her craft is when "customer(s) lets me know how their purchase from me, has been a huge hit with the recipient. It really touches me when a Care Shawl or Lap Wrap has been given to a widow, or used for an ill family member."
This year Kim's goal for her shop is "To continue to build relationships with my existing customers, and to grow my customer base. That's tied with adding more Care Shawls to my shop, and continuing to create more custom-order Care Shawls."

This week only Kim is offering our readers:
Any Coffee Cozy FREE with a $50 or more purchase before shipping-just let me know your Coffee Cozy selection in message to seller.
(I will ship internationally if requested.)

To learn more about Kim and her beautiful creations visit her at:

TWITTER ADDRESS http://twitter.com/kimwcreations

FB PAGE http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kim-White-Creations/450797680577?ref=mf

Written by Jen.
PS-- March marks crochet month ;) Happy crocheting to all!!

No comments:

Blog Archive