The Etsy Twitter Team's mission is to bring Etsy sellers together who use Twitter to become the authority on Twitter for all things handmade.
Copy Right: All pictures and designs are the rights of individual shops. ETT has received permission to use their photos and information for our blogs. Permission must be obtained from the individual shops in order to use their items. Written portion of the blog must be received by the writer of ETT blog.
Maxine Forward Whimsy Fish Arts (http://www.etsy.com/shop/whimsyfish) "This was taken at Applecrest Farm in Hampton Falls, NH last October. I have always loved the Ghosties (white pumpkins), as they are not very common around here. Nothing says Autumn like a pile of pumpkins!"
This is very yummy, easy to make and uses great Autumn produce. Makes you hungry for Thanksgiving!
Cranberry Stuffed Acorn Squash 2 Servings
1 medium Acorn Squash 2 tbs. Slivered Almonds 2 Sweet Italian Chicken Sausages (6 oz. total) ¼ cup chopped Celery ¼ cup Water 3 oz. dry Cornbread Stuffing ¼ cup sweetened Dried Cranberries
1. Cut the squash in half from top to bottom. Scoop out seeds and discard. Cut a sliver from the bottom of each half so that they will sit upright. Place the halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet and roast in a 375° oven for 1 hour or until the flesh is soft. When cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh leaving a ¼ inch thick shell. Put squash pulp in a bowl and set aside. Save the shells for stuffing.
2. Place the almonds in a skillet and toast for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside.
3. Remove casings from the sausage and discard. Place sausage and celery in a non-stick skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until sausage is crumbled and no longer pink. Add water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and gently stir in stuffing mix.
4. Mix stuffing with squash, almonds and cranberries. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
5. Fill the 2 squash shells with stuffing and place on a baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.