Copy Right: All pictures and designs are the rights of individual shops. ETT has received permission to use their photos and information for our blogs. Permission must be obtained from the individual shops in order to use their items. Written portion of the blog must be received by the writer of ETT blog.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Shop of the Week - Caelum / ZoBe Designs

Customized Baby Blocks personalized with baby's name
Meet Deanna Sims of Caelum, this week's Etsy Twitter Team's shop of the week. Deanna loves paper and her etsy shop is full of creative cards, scrapbooks, gift tags, memo clips and other gifty items using paper. As Deanna puts it "I play with paper, scissors and glue...I love creating and I hope that love is reflected in my items." Deanna confesses to having a paper obsession, "I can’t seem to stop buying more. I love the process of trying a new design out. It’s very gratifying when an idea comes together and actually works."

And for inspiration, she says: "A lot of my items come from my own need for them. I needed a baby shower card and came up with the idea for the clothesline card. I was trying to think of a cute wedding card idea and hit upon the Wedding Cakes idea. The custom baby blocks were made originally as a gift for a friend’s new baby. My scrap paper pile also inspires me! I’m always trying to think of new ways to use all of my scrap paper because my container is truly out of control."

While she will be stocking new items daily through the holidays, she doesn't have any special events planned; with 2 young kids she'll be focused on family, but in the new year, she's going to make a foray into the wonderful world of advertisting. She's already been researching various media in preparation.

Deanna uses Twitter "mostly to share the amazing things I find on Etsy." She feels Facebook has brought the most business to her Etsy shop: "My Facebook Fan Page has been really good for me. It’s nice to connect with people on a personal level."

Memo Clips altered decorative clothespins ----Wings

Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/caelum
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ZoBeDesigns
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ZoBeDesigns


Caelum ships internationally.

Written by Judy of WellspringCreations

No comments:

Blog Archive