Copy Right: All pictures and designs are the rights of individual shops. ETT has received permission to use their photos and information for our blogs. Permission must be obtained from the individual shops in order to use their items. Written portion of the blog must be received by the writer of ETT blog.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Shop of the Week - imwithsully

Cowgirl - Annie Get Your Gun 8x10 PrintThe Etsy Twitter Team member featured this week as Shop of the Week is Kimberly Coles and her Etsy shop imwithsully. Kimberly makes Original art, illustrations, prints, and graphic jewelry in her own unique style. Read on--here is our interview in her own words:

What is the one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I'm an award-winning Creative Director, Designer and Illustrator with more than 20 years of advertising and marketing experience. I have lead multi-disciplinary teams at large and small ad agencies and have developed many big name brands across a variety of digital and traditional mediums. In 2009, I was named one of the “50 Best Female Web Designers Around the World”. I was also recently featured on PBS.org as top woman web designer. My branding work, web design and product illustrations for Hello World Clothing were featured as “the most adorable pajamas ever” in the 2009 Holiday Gift Guide as on Dooce.com, the leading personal blog ranked 7th on Forbes’ list of the most influential women in media. My custom handmade mother's jewelry was showcased by the Clothes for a Cause - Pink Ribbon Collection through the Home Shopping Network.

What do you want your customers to know most about your products?
My wish is to transport viewers into dream-like worlds where mythical characters, whimsical fairytale princesses, precocious pixies, and vintage kitsch cuties tell tales of enchantment and merriment. I experiment with all different types of media: graphite, paper collage, color pencils, acrylics, oils, pen and ink, crayons, copic markers, pastels, digital, clays, metals... just to name a few. I have studiously avoided “signature” motifs and prefer to evolve my illustration work with fresh concepts, techniques, and materials. Many artworks start with the potential of being my favorite, but like children, I just can’t choose one over the other.

How do you use Twitter? Do you have a business goal with Twitter?
Because I am influenced by all sorts of creativity and creative people, I recently created an inspiration showcase blog at www.websitebakery.com. Now that I’ve made the leap to being an independent Creative Director with my own design studio, the inspiration site and social media on Twitter is the most relevant way to become to inspire other creative people and drive traffic at the same time.

What is the single most important way you bring traffic/sales to your shop?
My personal portfolio and blog is devoted to illustration, design, and interactive design. As an Interactive Creative Director by day, this is my chance to get back to the art of drawing by hand and promote my work online.

Murran Handpainted Bracelet

Links to Kimberly Cole and her work:
Etsy Shop:
www.etsy.com/shop/imwithsully
Twitter: @kimberlycoles
Blog: www.imwithsully.com/blog
Portfolio: www.kimberlycoles.com
Inspiration Showcase site: www.websitebakery.com
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/kimberlycoles


imwithsully ships internationally.

Written by Judy of WellspringCreations

No comments:

Blog Archive