Copy Right: All pictures and designs are the rights of individual shops. ETT has received permission to use their photos and information for our blogs. Permission must be obtained from the individual shops in order to use their items. Written portion of the blog must be received by the writer of ETT blog.

Monday, April 25, 2011

SOTW - Prettycheap


Ah can you hear the ocean waves? feel the sand between your toes? Thats how I feel when I looked at the "Cockle Shell Earrings" (shown above) made by Nina, The Frugal Artisan. Nina runs on of my favorite etsy shops: Prettycheap. If you haven't had a chance to stop into her shop I highly suggest you do cause I know that there are so many things for Mothers Day that you can find in any budget.

Nina describes her shop as "I make things of value at inexpensive prices! Many things! Though my flagship line is in original jewelry, I also offer fine needlework on cards and unique home decor. Look at my 'sold orders' from years past. There are felt toys and hand bound books. Pablo Picasso said, "I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it." So it is with trying new techniques in my home studio. Next? Watch me try gold leafing in 2011!"

Her successful shop she credits to her father who was an artist himself. She explained the background of her shop and her father to me "My dad used to be a private art gallery owner and there were many years of lean times. When he had a clearance sale before finally retiring, the customers jammed the place. The lesson I learned? People WANT original work, but are held back by the high price. I decided to fill a niche and make affordable artisan crafts available to the discriminating customer."

It is very important to know this about Nina's shop "Nothing sets my work apart from the competition except price. Look closely at the photos. You'll see the same precious metals, gemstones, pearls, and crystals. You'll see the same great expert techniques such as in wire work and beading. You'll see some pretty special design and styles too."

My favorite part when interviewing Nina was her response to $1 million. I have to share this since Earth day is coming up!
If Nina had $1 million "The closest thing to my heart is saving Mother Earth. The earth and it's animals do not have a voice and I have spoken for them in the past and plan to into the future. I would give all the money to the Sierra Club!"

Nina ships internationally and is offering the
following sale this week to all our readers:

Use SWEETTWEET at checkout for instant 10% off any order


No comments:

Blog Archive